PRODUCTS > Agriculture > Palm Oil

본문 바로가기

PRODUCTS

HOMEPRODUCTSAgriculture Agri-Product

Agriculture

Palm Oil

Introduction to Palm Oil

Palm oil is an edible vegetable oil derived from the fruit of the oil palm tree (Elaeis guineensis). It is one of the most widely used    and versatile vegetable oils in the world, serving various purposes in the food, cosmetic, and industrial sectors. The oil palm tree is   native to West Africa but is now cultivated in tropical regions across the globe, with major production occurring in countries such as  Malaysia and Indonesia.

Usefulness of Palm Oil

• Culinary Applications: Palm oil is a common ingredient in cooking and food processing due to its neutral flavor, high oxidative stability, and versatility. It is used in the production of cooking oils, margarine, and various food products.
  • Cosmetic and Personal Care Products: Palm oil and its derivatives are prevalent in the cosmetic industry, found in products like soaps, lotions, shampoos, and other toiletries due to its moisturizing properties.
  • Biofuel Production: Palm oil is used as a feedstock for biodiesel production, contributing to the renewable energy sector.
  • Industrial Uses: The industrial sector utilizes palm oil in the manufacturing of candles, lubricants, and other products.

Physical Properties of Palm Oil

• Appearance: Palm oil is typically a reddish-orange liquid at room temperature due to its high carotenoid content.
  • Texture: It has a semi-solid consistency at lower temperatures but becomes liquid when warmed.
  • Odor and Flavor: Palm oil has a mild, neutral flavor and odor, making it suitable for various culinary applications.
  • Melting Point: The melting point of palm oil is around 95°F (35°C).

Storage and Handling

• Storage Conditions: Palm oil should be stored in cool, dry places away from direct sunlight to prevent oxidation and spoilage.
  • Container Material: It is commonly stored in containers made of materials that do not react with the oil, such as stainless steel or food-grade plastic.
  • Avoid Contamination: Contamination with water, dust, or other foreign substances should be avoided during storage and handling to maintain the quality of the oil.
  • Temperature Control: While the oil can withstand some temperature fluctuations, extreme temperatures should be avoided to prevent changes in its physical properties.

Safety Considerations

• Handling Procedures: Workers involved in the production and handling of palm oil should follow proper safety procedures, including the use of protective gear.
  • Fire Hazard: Due to its flammable nature, precautions should be taken to prevent fire hazards during storage and transportation.
  • Transportation Safety: During transportation, palm oil should be carried in containers that meet safety standards, and proper labeling indicating the nature of the cargo should be provided.
  • Environmental Impact: Sustainable palm oil production practices are crucial to minimize environmental impact, including deforestation and habitat destruction.

In conclusion, palm oil is a versatile and widely used vegetable oil with applications ranging from cooking to industrial uses. Proper storage, handling, and safety considerations are essential to ensure its quality, prevent contamination, and mitigate potential hazards associated with its production and transportation. Sustainable practices are increasingly emphasized to address environmental concerns associated with palm oil production.

Applications & Benefits for RBD Palm Oil

Ideal for cooking and baking. Very rich in Vitamin E. No Trans Fatty Acids.
Cholestrol and Lactose FREE. No artificial additives or preservatives.

RBD Palm Oil

Application: Deep-frying oils for food industries, i.e. noodles, snack foods, etc. Also used in    manufacturing of margarines, shortenings, ice cream, condensed milk, vanaspati, cookies, etc.

RBD Palm Olein

Mainly as cooking and frying medium. Also used in manufacturing of margarine and shortening.

RBD Palm Stearin

Application: Used for production of specialty fats, i.e. margarines, confectionery fats, bakery, milk   industry, etc. Also used in production of non-foods, i.e. soap, candle, etc.

- Shelf life and certification

Shelf Life is 24 months from the date of production.

AVAILABLE PALM OIL & SUMMARY SPECIFICATION

CRUDE PALM OIL (CPO)
>> FFA as Palmitic 5% Max
>> Moisture & Impurities (M&I) 0.5% Max
REFINED BLEACHED & DEODORISED PALM OIL (RBDPO)
>> FFA as Palmitic 0.1% Max
>> Moisture & Impurities (M&I) 0.1% Max
>> Iodine Value (IV) 50 ‐ 55
>> Melting Point 33 ‐ 39 °C
>> Color (5¼" Lovibond Cell) 3 Red Max
REFINED BLEACHED & DEODORISED PALM OLEIN (RBDPL)
>> FFA as Palmitic 0.1% Max
>> Iodine Value (IV) 56 Min
>> Melting Point 24 °C Max
REFINED BLEACHED & DEODORISED PALM STEARIN (RBDPS)
>> FFA as Palmitic 0.2% Max
>> Moisture & Impurities (M&I) 0.15% Max
>> Iodine Value (IV) 48 Max
>> Melting Point 44 °C Min
PALM FATTY ACID DISTILLATE (PFAD)
>> FFA as Palmitic 70% Min
>> Moisture & Impurities (M&I) 1% Max
>> Saponifiable Matter 95% Min
CRUDE PALM KERNEL OIL (CPKO)
>> FFA as Lauric 5% Max
>> Moisture & Impurities (M&I) 0.5% Max
>> Iodine Value (IV) 19 Max
REFINED BLEACHED & DEODORISED PALM KERNEL OIL (RBDPKO)
>> FFA as Lauric 0.1% Max
>> Iodine Value (IV) 19 Max
>> Color (5¼" Lovibond Cell) 1.5 Red Max
PALM KERNEL FATTY ACID DISTILLATE (PKFAD)
>> FFA as Lauric 50% Min
>> Moisture & Impurities (M&I) 1% Max
>> TFM 95% Min
PALM KERNEL EXPELLER (PKE)
>> Profat 21% Min
>> Moisture 12% Max
다음글 

COMPANYPRODUCTSSUSTAINABILITYCUSTOMER